Decided to post another Chickpea recipe this Monday! It’s another Food Network Recipe!!! Recipe Courtesy of Jennifer Houston.
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1/2 an avocado, sliced or chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup sunflower sprouts
- 1/2 cup pea sprouts
- 2 tablespoons almond slices
- 1/4 cup chick peas
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dry herbs ( I used, )
- 2 wedges lemon
- Put rice into large bowl.
- Pour half of olive oil and tamari on the rice.
- Sprinkle with half the herbs.
- Put chick peas on the rice and top with chopped vegetables.
- Put sprouts on, trying to form into a nice high pile.
- Scatter almonds over top, and then add remaining olive oil, tamari and herbs.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
***Adjusted slightly to be nightshade free***